- To identify the North Dakota State Fair’s current usage of social media for the promotional activites
- To design a research study to determine the appropriate social media selection
- To conduct the research (in depth interviews, focus groups, customer surveys, etc)
- Based on the results of the reasearch, develop a strategic plan to enhance or introduce social networking in the promotional activities
- To present the research findings and proposed strategic plan to the North Dakota State Fair
The purpose of the project is to develop a strategic plan to enhance or introduce a social networking component to the current promotional plan to the North Dakota State Fair. Social networking uses electronic media such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, podcasts, virtual worlds/communities, friend lists, videos, blogs, etc. to capture and retain a specific target market. Using the North Dakota State Fair, DECA members will research the current and potential use of social networking and its effectiveness. DECA members will develop a strategic plan to enhance or introduce social networking into the current promotional activities.