The North Dakota State Fair Center is pleased to offer preventive health screenings that could save your life. In collaboration with Life Line Screening, the North Dakota State Fair Center is offering screenings on Wednesday, September 14, 2011. These screenings test for stroke risk, vascular disease, and bone density.
The following screening will be provided:
- Stroke/Carotid Artery Screening – Ultrasound evaluation of the carotid arteries that screens for buildup of fatty plaque – the leading cause of strokes.
- Heart Rhythm Screening (Atrial Fibrillation) – A quick and easy test using EKG electrodes placed on the arms and legs to identify the presence or absence of an irregular heartbeat at the time of the screening.
- Abdominal Aoritc Aneurysm Screening – Ultrasound is used to screen for the presence of an aneurysm in the abdominal aorta that could lead to a ruptured aortic artery.
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening – Evaluates for peripheral arterial disease (plaque buildup) in the lower extremities. It is 4-5 times more likely you will die from heart disease if you have peripheral arterial disease.
- Osteoporosis Risk Assessment – An ultrasound measurement of the heel bone to determine abnormal bone mass density. Osteoporosis is painless and silent in its early stages.
Appointments are required for these screenings. Call 1-888-653-6441, or visit www.lifelinescreening.com to pre-register.