4-H members from across North Dakota have been invited to submit a short film for the first annual 4-H Film Festival which will take place at 2 p.m. on Sunday, July 24, 2011 at the North Dakota State Fair. Films will be judged and the public is invited to view the top three films in each category and select the People’s Choice Award from these films in the Norsk Room of the State Fair Center.
The different categories showcased in the Film Festival include:
- Fur, Feathers and Fins – videos featuring an animal as the main character or videos teaching how to train or work with an animal
- 4-H SET on Going Green – Videos promoting going green and conservation
- Discover 4-H – Videos promoting 4-H to others
- Just for Fun! – Videos that do not fit any of the above categories
Basic team requirements include:
- A team must have a minimum of 1 (you can fly solo if you want to) and a maximum of 4 members
- All team members must be in the 6-12 grades during the 2010-2011 school year
- At least one member of your team must be a current 4-H member (Join 4-h at http://www.ndsu.edu/4h/).
Walk the red carpet, enjoy popcorn and be entertained as these creative 4-H members showcase their talents. Email ndsu.4-H@ndsu.edu for more information.